OTC Ep. 5 – Lauren Eckert Coaches Teens & Young Adults On Executive Functioning
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts l Google Podcasts
Where do you turn when your child is struggling in school? What is Executive Functioning?
Executive functioning is a set of key mental skills that act as a command center in the brain. These skills help people do things like plan, manage time, control emotions, work with information and get tasks done. They’re also important for staying focused and solving problems.
What is life coaching?
Life coaching seeks to address specific personal projects, business successes, general conditions and transitions in the client’s personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what your obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be. It is a brief, solution-focused method of targeting day-to-day issues and uses the persons strengths to build on in achieving results.
Parenting & Family Solutions is a private outpatient mental health practice in the Harrisburg & Lancaster, PA area that is focused on providing quality mental health services to meet your needs. Our licensed and board certified counselors are experienced and able to help you improve your life and most important relationships. Call us to schedule your first session at 717-602-5560
In This Episode
John and Lauren Eckert (owner of Lauren Eckert Coaching) talk about the struggle that students and adults are having these days and how her team of life coaches come alongside these individuals and help them to optimize their potential.
Meet Lauren Eckert
Lauren Eckert, M.Ed, is a Certified Life Coach, Certified Health Coach and a Licensed School Counselor. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology and Education and a Master’s in Education focused in School Counseling. Currently, she is taking continuing education courses in the field of counseling. She received a Life Coaching Certification from the Life Coach Institute of Orange County and a Health Coaching Certification from Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Lauren has experience working as a classroom teacher (high school and middle school) and has worked in a local private school as a school counselor and director of the school’s student resource program. Lauren’s experience in the classroom and serving as a school counselor, gave her unique insights into the struggles that many students face academically, socially and emotionally. Lauren also has experience developing and delivering programs to students, parents, school faculty and company employees. Her passion for helping others and desire to coach people to find a sense of balance in their life by setting goals, developing a working organization system, and removing obstacles from their path, lead her to start Lauren Eckert Coaching, LLC in 2013.
- Laurent Eckert Coaching is a life coaching agency that serves a wide range of clients throughout the DC/MD/VA Metro area who all seek similar goals: to organize their lives and realize their dreams. Through a variety of techniques and strategies, Lauren and her coaches strategize with clients to find a system of organization that suits them.
- Check out Lauren Eckert Coaching here – If you mention the podcast episode when you contact them for consultation you’ll get 50% off your first appointment
- Through Lauren Eckert Coaching you can request consultation and coaching in lifestyle, wellness and health; executive functioning; home organization; as well as workshops and trainings.
- A key technique is evaluating the person’s current schedule vs their desired schedule and helping them to make adjustments where possible.
- Often times, helping families to work on their communication and expectations surrounding school and life balance is crucial for helping to relieve tension in the home.
- People who struggle with ADHD and Executive Functioning aren’t the only ones who can benefit from Life Coaching.
OTC Ep. 6 – John sits down with Alison Pidgeon of Move Forward Counseling to talk about the importance of Maternal Mental Health.
Meet John Dennis
John is a licensed professional counselor with over 14 years of experience who specializes in counseling for individuals, couples, children, and adolescents. He focuses on working with anxious teens and adults, couples who are struggling to connect with one another, and those dealing with grief and loss.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!